Wednesday 10 July 2019

Upcoming Trips and Blogging

Deas Island Caching

On Fathers day, Oliver and I decided to go grab some caches on Deas Island. We started off with a puzzle cache where you needed to find 6 smaller caches with info and clues inside them to find the final. For some reason today we were having no luck and only found 1 of the 4 we went to. We decided to head over and find "NOW......This is FLY FISHING" 
It has over 200 fave points. Met up with 3 ladies on the way there. They were up here caching from Kansas City, Utah. We chatted a bit, and I am sure I will see them next year in Abbotsford at Geowoodstock XVIII.


NOTE: The highlighted or underlined words in my blog can be clicked on as they are links to other cool stuff!! Also if you click on any of the pictures they become bigger!!!

The Great Trail Treasure Hunt is back!!

Lace up your shoes and tune up your bike because the "2019 Great Trail Treasure Hunt" kicked off June 19 with more boxes to be found and more amazing prizes to be won!
Last year’s contest saw hundreds of Canadians from coast to coast to coast take to the 24,000-kilometre "Great Trail" network in pursuit of 100 hidden treasure boxes. This year, they’ve hidden 200 boxes, which means more to explore, and more chances to win. Read on to learn more! 

 This is a pic of me on the last Year's Great Trail Treasure hunt. I found one of the boxes first and won a $100 gift card from Mountain Equipment Co-op and a year long subscription to Canadian Geographic Magazine.

What is the Great Trail Treasure Hunt?

The Great Trail Treasure Hunt is a geocaching-inspired contest aimed at getting Canadians outdoors and discovering all the amazing wildlife, scenery and history to be found along the Great Trail network. As the longest recreational trail in the world, The Great Trail offers a wide range of activities through a variety of landscapes — urban, rural and wilderness, along greenways, waterways and roadways.


 Grabbed a couple of the new caches for the great trail treasure hunt. This year they are doing it a bit different, but still some cool prizes to be had.


Top 50 Geocaching Blogs

I found a site that lists the "Top 50 Geocaching Blogs" out of thousands of blogs, and as I looked thru it I found something cool, as you can see by these pics:
Number 1 spot went to The Geocaching Blog which is direct from Groundspeak.

Number 4 spot went to an Icon in Geocaching, "The Geocaching Vlogger"
Check out who made the 22nd spot. YAY, how cool is that!!! Please read my Blog and follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Google plus, and check out my blog every month!!!



PS: On the right hand side of this webpage is where you can find my YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus links. Please feel free to check them out and follow or subscribe!!!

Edmonton Trip

I headed to Edmonton, Alberta on July 4th for my Nephew's wedding, and while I was there I did some cool Virtual caches.

Papa, is this our new home?


 Here is the "Great One" and Wayne Gretzky. lol

World's Highest Streetcar Crossing
 Can you see the cache??

I also found a cache called "Ode on a Canadian Urn" which was a cache with just over 200 finds and had 154 Favorite Points, which also helped me achieve the July Geochallenge.
The "Canadian Urn"

 It was a quick 4 day trip, but I had fun.

In Magic News:

On June 15th I competed for the "Peter Reveen Memorial" Variety award out at the Opening Nite Theatre in Mission, BC. I did a couple of mentalism and subliminal bits that I have been working on but have not used on stage as of yet. I thought I would try them out and see how well they do. As you can see by the picture, I think they did just fine!!
2019 Variety performer of the Year


I am looking forward to my upcoming trips where I will be in Las Angeles and Carlsbad, California, then in Las Vegas, Nevada, and then in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan all within the same month!!! Lots of caching planned as well while there. Read about it next month right here!!






Well that's it for this month,
Keep on caching!!
Chris Yuill
Magicman65

2 comments:

  1. That Great Trail Treasure Hunt sure looks like fun - I'm jealous as an American that we don't have something like that :). Congrats on making 22nd! We'll be sharing your post on our Facebook page (The Geocaching Guild) on Monday (7/22/19)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for the comment Jangie, I just went to FB and liked that page so I can follow it.
      PS thanx for sharing!!
      Chris

      Delete

February is the shortest Month!!!

Seattle Trip Headed to Seattle with Sansue for a show and I set up a list with some high favorited caches, but it was raining pretty good an...