Thursday 7 March 2019

VEGAS BABY!!!

February Vegas Trip


On Feb 19th I headed down to Bellingham and grabbed several caches including a Challenge cache, while there before heading to the airport for my flight to Las Vegas.

The following 2 pictures are the caches I was planning to do in Vegas and the caches after I was done. As you can see I did not get all of those I planned to get, but still did pretty good. Even found a couple extra ones I did not plan on including a second to find(STF)

 










Vegas Day 1: Arrived in Las Vegas, but did not do any caching as I got there in the evening and checked into hotel and then headed out to meet up with friends to go see my friend Marc Savard's, hypnosis show.



Vegas Day 2: Rented a car and headed out caching for the day. I headed after 3 challenge caches first, but 1 of them I didn't even search for as it was a lamppost cache(easy find) but if you look at the pic you will see why I decided not to look. lol
They are watching!!!
Got a cache called "Elevator Operator" next. Good thing I had my selfie stick with me to retrieve this cache and place it back. The sign in the pic was about 12 feet tall!! See it in the top??
I then headed out of the city to Red Rock Canyon, to do some cool caches, and the weird thing was there was snow in Vegas!! Check out the pics below. I only found 11 caches this day, but it was also a 7 icon day(7 different types)


Virtual Cache



Vegas Day 3: Today I headed across the border to Arizona to grab one cache over there. I then came back towards Vegas, and grabbed several really cool high favorited caches. I even went down a power trail just to grab one specific cache that had a D/T rating that I needed.

 Can you see the cache?

How about now??


 This doesn't look possible??


 Just a normal sign post!! Or is it??



Vegas Day 4: Found several cool puzzle caches today, that used smartphone technology. Each one was a different method of finding the cache final. They all started off with using a QR code, but then you either had to watch a video or call a phone number and listen to a recorded message to find the cache.

Vegas Day 5: This morning I took the rental car back and headed down the strip for a bit, but still grabbed 4 caches.

Vegas Day 6: Today I would leave Vegas and fly back to Bellingham, but I also grabbed a cache heading back over the border back into Canada.

NOTE: The highlighted or underlined words in my blog can be clicked on as they are links to other cool stuff!! Also if you click on any of the pictures they become bigger!!!

PS: On the right hand side of this webpage is where you can find my YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus links. Please feel free to check them out and follow or subscribe!!!

All in all I found a total of 35 caches out of the 50 that I had planned on, but have only logged 34 as I need to complete a challenge before logging 1 of the challenge caches.(will complete soon) I also got 4 other challenge caches that I could log right away. I also completed another 7 Icon day (7 different Icons) Which included a Traditional, a Multi, a puzzle, an Earthcache, a Letterbox, a Virtual, and a Wherigo cache which was actually about caching for Icons. I got 3 more spots filled in on my Difficulty/Terrain chart, and I got 5 more of the most favorited caches in Vegas as I talked about in last months blog.

Las Vegas was a blast because besides geocaching, I also saw 8 shows while there for the 5 days.
I look forward to the next time I go there which will be in August when I head down for a Magic Convention called Magic Live. I wonder what caches I will find then??




Well that's it for this month,
Keep on caching!!
Chris Yuill
Magicman65

No comments:

Post a Comment

VEGAS BABY!!!

Missing TB??? Got a Message from a cacher that one of my Travel Bugs that was Marked missing back in 2022 was actually found in a geocache. ...