Saturday 26 August 2017

Mary Hyde caches and Vegas


Mary Hyde caches

There was some special souvenir's up for grabs over the past couple of months. Each one had a different pirate type challenge to do to receive each of them.
Ahoy Me Hearties!










After achieving the 5 souvenirs' above, I was awarded the last souvenir which had a clue word hidden within it.
Mary Hydes Lost Treasure

Once you find the word, you submit it to Geocaching.com and they will send you a reward(a prize) The Prize is a Trackable code to use however you feel like. You can attach your tracking code to any object of your choosing. You can engrave it, write it in permanent marker, or add a laminated piece of paper, a picture on your profile page, or many other ideas that you would use like a normal TB tag, but I am thinking of doing something cool with it. Watch for future blogs to see what I choose to do!!


NOTE: The highlighted words in my blog can be clicked on as they are links to other cool stuff!!
Also if you click on any of the pictures they become bigger!!!
PS: On the right hand side of this webpage is where you can find my YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus links. Please feel free to check them out and follow or subscribe!!!


Vegas Baby!!!

I had been in Las Vegas for 10 days. I went there for a magic convention called Magic Live, but of course I was able to do a fair bit of caching also. This year I decided to go after 12 challenge caches, plus as many virtual's as I could and also do a 7 icon day. 
Day 1: (Aug 10) Arrived in Vegas!!
Day 2: (Aug 11)
Today I went out to get 12 different challenge caches(I love challenges) but I only got 11 of the Monthly Challenge caches, as the 12th one may not have been there, according to past logs.
Monthly Challenge Caches

I also got 2 virtuals, one cool one called "Art at the Station", and 1 traditional cache
Depending on where you looked, this Virtual cache spelled it out!!

Art at the Station

Day 3: (Aug 12)
Last year while in LA and Las Vegas for conventions I tried to do a 7 icon day and just could not get a multi, so did not complete this task. (I had already finished this challenge in the past, I just felt like doing it again)

This time I got the 7 icons I was after: A traditional, virtual, puzzle, earthcache, multi, Wherigo, and a letterbox. The traditional was called "A Special Memory", a very cool one inside a wedding chapel with the same name.

They actually had a drive up window where you could get married. It has about 1150 favorite points!!

Day 4: (Aug 13)
Today I just got a puzzle cache and another Wherigo. This evening Magic Live kicked off, and it would be 3 1/2 full days of Magic!!!

Day 9: (Aug 18)
Grabbed 2 caches today, one in the morning that I walked from the hotel to, which was about a 4km round trip, and from the cache you could see the Orleans Hotel where I was staying. As you can see by the pic, I was quite hot!!

Then I grabbed another while on the strip later today, also showed my friends "Taz's Tree"  which holds a nano cache that I found 2 years ago.
Taz's Tree on the Alladin
It is a nano stuck behind this metal tree art

Day 10: (Aug 19) International Geocaching Day

We went to the Neon Graveyard this morning and took the tour.
Pretty cool history of Vegas. There is a virtual there called "Sign of the Times" that I logged last year.
As we left there we swung by the nearby museum so I could grab a cache for International geocaching day. It was hidden on this cool tubular dinosaur.
We then headed to Fremont street to eat, and I was able to grab another cache while there. This would be the last cache I would get while here. But don't worry, Zoltar say's I will be back there next year for Magic Live 2018.




Well that's it for this month

Keep on caching


Chris Yuill


Magicman65



1 comment:

February is the shortest Month!!!

Seattle Trip Headed to Seattle with Sansue for a show and I set up a list with some high favorited caches, but it was raining pretty good an...