Saturday 27 December 2014

Happy New Year!!

NOTE: The highlighted words in my blog can be clicked on as they are links to other cool stuff!!
PS: On the right hand side of this webpage is where you can find my YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus links. Please feel free to check them out and follow or subscribe!!!

So the new year is upon us and the weather is great for caching. Let's all get out there!!!

A new cache popped up on Christmas eve, but I was busy doing family stuff and getting presents wrapped and ready for under the tree. The next morning I noticed it had still not been logged, but thought if I left before present unwrapping I would miss out on my little guys fun. After presents were all unwrapped, I looked again and saw it was still not logged, so off I go!!! Into the woods and down the trail heading to The Hopping Dead
Dec. 25th caching

Zombie Frog

I arrived at the area and started to search, but was not seeing anything right away at GZ. I saw some signs of others searching, but kept looking and widening my search.....aha there it is!!! Open it up, YES...FTF!!!! Later that day I got an email from the persons that had been there before me and could not find it, looking for a bit of a hint. My suspicions about someone else looking before me were confirmed. lol

Speaking of FTF's, earlier this month I renewed my subscription to FTF Magazine and I received a pathtag and a geocoin. If you are an avid cacher or know someone that is, you should get a subscription. It's a great magazine.


Pathtag and geocoin from FTF Magazine


Earlier this month Groundspeak(geocaching HQ) announced they were releasing 6 new souvenirs.
Souvenirs are virtual pieces of art that you can discover and display on your profile page. They are associated with a particular location and may also be bound by time. Here is the entry from their blogs at Latitude 47

We recently released 6 shiny new Geocaching Souvenirs for Greece, Mexico, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, and Italy.

In case any of these countries are still on your bucket list (or if you’re planning a return trip) check out this pocket dictionary of common phrases used in Geocaching. They’re perfect for starting or ending a fantastic log entry.





Angelcheeks (A.K.A. Jenna) and I grabbed some caches when we went on a cruise in 2009 to Puerto Vallarta, Cabo san Lucas, and Mazatlan. I was also back that way on another cruise in 2010 with about 60 other magicians, and also cached while there. Because the souvenirs are retroactive, we both received the Mexico one. Very cool.  I guess we need to visit the other places one day!!!

Next month we are heading over to the island for the Victoria Magic circle annual banquet. I get to award the "Farquhar Award" to another deserving magician!!!



Well that's it for this month(short and sweet)
See you in the New Year!!!
Keep on caching
Chris Yuill
Magicman65

No comments:

Post a Comment

February is the shortest Month!!!

Seattle Trip Headed to Seattle with Sansue for a show and I set up a list with some high favorited caches, but it was raining pretty good an...