Wednesday 26 June 2024

Road Trippin' to Washington

Renton, Washington Trip


Had a close up gig in Renton, Washington with a client that I performed for last year. They enjoyed me so much, they decided to bring me back. Last year I only did an hour of walkaround magic and this year they had me do 2 hours. I only did 5 caches on this trip, 1 traditional, 1 Letterbox, 1 virtual, and 2 puzzle cache with one of them being a challenge cache. 

The Virtual cache was a large hole in the ground. lol
It was literally a hole in the ground:
Starting in the 1960s, post-industrial and derelict landscapes including surface mines, pits, landfills, quarries, and others seen as visual and environmental blights, became in the hands of some artists provocative installations that reclaimed the land. Untitled (Johnson Pit No. 30), an early monumental installation designed by the American artist, Robert Morris, is among the first land reclamation art projects in the country. Morris, an influential artist and writer, “played a central role in defining three principal artistic movements of the [1960s and 1970s]: Minimalist sculpture, Process Art, and Earthworks,” according to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, which includes several of the artist’s works in its collection.


NOTE: The highlighted or underlined words in my blog can be clicked on as they are links to other cool stuff!! Also if you click on any of the pictures they become BIGGER!!!




Union, Washington Trip

Headed to Union, Washington for a Corporate gig last weekend. Set up a few lists as I was taking a ferry across from Edmonds to Kingston but on the way back I would be taking a different direction and a Ferry from Southworth to Fauntleroy. 
I got 7 traditional's, 1 puzzle cache, and 1 Virtual for a total of 9 caches plus 2 full Adventure Labs plus 1 stage of another one as I drove by it. lol
The Virtual was a pretty cool one and luckily I found this sign before I got too involved in counting lights on the road.



You needed to answer a question of "How many lights on the roadway are there:

This Virtual will start you at the Edmonds Center For The Arts. Take a stroll down 4th Ave and enjoy The Luminous Forest

The installation of “Luminous Forest”, the interim art project by Seattle artist Iole Alessandrini was completed on Monday, June 13, 2016. Unlike some art that shouldn’t be touched, this art can not only be touched – but it can and should be driven on. The composition of the exhibition by Alessadrini includes solar LED light elements embedded in the roadway between Daley and Main Streets.


I actually started counting the lights on the road and as I was walking along I spotted the sign with the answer....good thing!!
Here is a pic from the cache page of the road at night, I will have to go back thru at night sometime.






PS: On the right hand side of this webpage is where you can find my YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, links. Please feel free to check them out and follow or subscribe!!!











On Canada Day I have a show in Princeton, BC and will grab some cache on the way and heading back home also. I will also be off to Pemberton to perform some close up at a wedding, and to Penticton to perform at the Cleland Theatre, so lots of time to do some out of town caching....But more about that in Next months blog.




Well that's it for this month!!
Keep on caching!!
Chris Yuill
Magicman65

No comments:

Post a Comment

Las Vegas Bound!!

  Las Vegas So I went to Vegas for the second time this year, at the beginning of August for my Favorite Magic Convention called "Magic...